Yesterday (Sept 22) Matias and I went Apple Picking with some friends. The outing was planned by CSCC so we got to ride a yellow school bus to get there - Minnetonka Orchards. We had a fun time, but we were shocked at the price. For U-Pick apples, they charged $30 a bag -- and the bag was maybe the size of a grocery bag! We did get to pick Honeycrisp apples which are delicious, but what a ridiculous price! That's about the same or even more expensive than what you pay in a grocery store -- and we were picking them ourselves. So the six of us that went decided to go in a buy just one bag together so our kids could still pick some apples. The orchards were beautiful which sort of made up for the price, but for how long it took them to take us to the apples, we didn't even to get to let the kids play on any of the hay bales or train rides like they advertised that they had before we had to leave to get home. We might take another trip to an Apple Orchard this weekend because Lucas was very upset that he didn't get to go -- and I'm feeling a little gypped from the whole experience.
2 comments:
Those are adorable pictures! I love your cute little belly too! It sure makes me miss Minnesota, those honey crisp apples...oh how I would love one!
Kendra,
You guys do the coolest stuff. I'm so impressed with your energy and passion for educating your kids about the world around them.
I hope you are feeling well, how much longer?
Post a Comment