Earlier this evening I was eating a snack in front of the computer and read the following headline on CNN: Plane crash in Haiti kills 11, U.N. says. I didn't actually click on the link however until half an hour ago when Zeke's sister Vera called. Zeke's cousin Santiago was killed in that plane crash. He is a pilot. Santiago was one of Zeke's best friends and I remember meeting him and his fiancee (now wife) when we were in Uruguay over five years ago. They have two little boys. We're all in shock. Zeke is actually in Washington DC right now but I was able to talk to him briefly since he took our cell phone with him. Hard news to hear when we're all so scattered and far apart.
1 comment:
We are so sorry to hear the news! We wished we were a little closer and could offer more help. It has to be difficult losing your cousin and best friend. We will keep you guys in our prayers!!
Post a Comment