I thought I should write a quick follow up to my last post. In general, it's a lot better than it was last Monday taking him to school, but it's still a struggle. He tells me his stomach hurts which I'm guessing is because he's nervous/sad or something like that. In the mornings, all he says is I hate school and I don't want to go to school. It's all I can do to stay positive and try and highlight the fun parts of school. When he comes home from school though, he talks about all of the fun things he did at school and his teacher says he does great during the day. So I'm not sure why he acts so negative about school all the time when I really think he's enjoying it. Oh and he also says it's not fair that Matias gets to stay at home and play. The joys of hearing the phrase, "It's not fair!" So today he complained in the morning and then when we got into school, I did stay in the room with him for 2 minutes but then left right away and he did shed a few tears. I had warned him that I was only going to stay for 2 minutes and it was hard to just walk away, but I think I'm doing the right thing for him. I hate how unsure this whole kindergarten thing makes me feel as a parent. Oh and now I have the pleasure of fighting him to get him do his homework when he comes home from school! Can you tell this has been on my mind lately?! Oh, and thanks to everyone for their encouraging words after my last post!
1 comment:
I am glad it got better...kind of. He sure is a cute little kid, but he is sure lucky to have a mom like you!
Post a Comment