Friday, September 4, 2009

First Day of Kindergarten

Lucas started Kindergarten yesterday! After all of my stressed out anticipation the week leading up to his first day, the actual day was totally fine. I suppose my main worry was that his bus ride will be about an hour to get home. We take him to school in the mornings for that same reason. It only takes us about 10-12 minutes to drive him to school but with how far away we live and all of the bus stops, it adds up to a full hour to get him home. But yesterday, he didn't seem too troubled about the bus ride, so hopefully it continues to go okay. The more important thing is we love his school and are very excited about his teacher Ms. Fisher. She even made a home visit on Wednesday. It was actually a little strange how normal it felt to take him to school. I really can't believe he's old enough to be in Kindergarten! Here are some pictures from before and after school (I finally bought a camera, mainly to make sure I could capture his first day of KG!).

Matias was very excited to be in the picture as well


walking to the car

Zeke took this picture of me without me knowing - I look pretty sad, huh. It really is hard to know that Lucas will be away from me for basically 8 hours every day now

walking up to school with Daddy

back home and happy after his first day!

Matias woke up very sad right after Lucas got home and Lucas was very sweet to offer him one of his chocolate puddings that we bought for his lunches

1 comment:

BWei said...

I am already nervous for Kindergarten and we aren't even there yet...I'm glad that Lucas is doing so well. That's a sweet pic of Matias, too :-).