Thursday, September 3, 2009

Trip to Montana/Utah

I was only home for 6 days before I headed out west with the kids. We were hoping Zeke could come with us, but after our long trip our east, he had to get back to work. The drive to Montana was 20 hours and the kids did really great. Of course our DVD player was again instrumental in making the drive smooth. I met up with Monika and Pei and their kids at a rest area just past Butte and drove the rest of the way with them. Pei's parents have two houses in Big Fork, Montana which is just south of Kalispell and Glacier National Park. They were very nice to let all of us stay at their River House and two of Pei's sisters and their families were at the Lake House. Karina and Charlie and their kids and my parents also came. We had perfect weather and spent the 5 days playing in the lake, going alpine sliding, canoeing, hanging out in Big Fork and seeing "Seussical" at the local playhouse, and of course a day of hiking at Glacier National Park. We were even in the park on our 7th anniversary! I'll post pictures once I get them to explain more of our adventures that week.

Originally I was going to go home right after Montana, but instead I headed down to Utah for a quick side trip. It was great because I followed Monika and Pei and Monika was great to help me drive. In Utah I got to go to a family reunion and also see my friend Sarah and finally meet her husband Spencer too! My parents were heading out east so I drove with them as far as Des Moines before turning north to make it home. Overall, it was an awesome trip and I can't wait to post some pictures when I get them from my sister!

No comments: