Sunday, July 17, 2011

Roller Skating & Transportation Museum

Lucas went to a roller rink for a birthday party two weeks ago. He loved it so much, he was begging to go back. One Friday evening, (July 8th), we finally went. Since I couldn't skate being big and pregnant, Grandma and Grandpa were good sports to lace up and go with him. He was by far the youngest out there...and Grandma and Grandpa were definitely the oldest! It was filled with tweens and teens. Whenever Lucas would fall though, there was always at least one that would stop to make sure he was okay which I thought was really nice. Since it was so dark, I couldn't take too many pictures and I included one video.

Lucas is back by the far wall and
Grandma's staying safe on the side :)

Lucas the roller-blading champ

in this video you can see both Lucas and Grandpa

On Saturday, July 9th, since Jonas still hadn't arrived (though it would be soon!), we went to the Transportation Museum. It was a lot of fun and for all of us to get in, it was only a few more dollars to get a year membership so we did that. There were cars, airplanes and lots of trains and we also got to take a ride on a mini train and a trolley car. It was a really hot day and I was kind of grumpy and I had maybe a contraction or two. Looking back, it was definitely signs of very early labor (Zeke said he could tell because of how I was acting). When we got home I was so exhausted and took a nap. I haven't been able to nap in a long time and I'm so glad I did because Jonas was getting ready to come the next morning! Anyway, here are pictures from the Transportation Museum.


love that grumpy face

this motorcycle was used by Steve McQueen 
in "The Great Escape" - I love that movie!
this is also my final pregnant picture :)

my mom used to have a '57 Chevrolet
although she said it wasn't as fancy as this one :)

Matias was much happier about the race car

taking a tram to go ride the mini train



ready to go on the train


exploring some train cars


on the trolley, Grandma was amused that Nicolas
wouldn't look at me for the picture...

...but I finally tricked him into turning around

holding on!

it was so nice to sit in the trolley car
because it was so hot outside!

No comments: