Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy New Year!

We got to celebrate the New Year with our good friends the Ogden's. After the basketball game in the morning, we met up with them at the Roseville City Center for a festival with face painting, a magic show, a bouncy castle and the best part: ice skating! After the festival, we headed back to the Ogden's house for food and hanging out with Mitch's parents, Christa's parents and Christa's sister and brother-in-law. They have a tradition where each adult brings an appetizer to make a more full dinner. We took cucumber hummus cups, tater tots and Egg Rolls and there was also meatballs, Italian Salsa, delicious cheese, baguettes, pigs in a blanket and others that I can't remember. I think it's a great tradition! After dinner, we put the kids to bed and then us adults played some games and hung some out until we rang in the New Year together! Zeke and I went home with Matias and Lucas got to stay and sleep over with Jude which he was very excited about. We had a great time and I can't believe it's now 2009!

Matias loves to walk around!

Shrek (and Elmo and the St Paul Saints mascot and Sharky) made an appearance at the festival

the boys were all excited to get a 'storm' painted on their faces

they had these cool things to help kids ice skate - so awesome



camping out on the floor

No comments: