About 2 weeks ago while we were in the car, Lucas started telling me that when he closes his eyes at night, he watches shows. It was really kind of funny and so cute - he told me how they're not like the shows he watches on TV and that they're not scary. We had a pretty fun conversation about this for a while and I explained that those were called dreams. Since then, he doesn't refer to them as dreams and still refers to them as 'shows'. About every day now Lucas will share his 'show' with us, or Zeke and I will remember to ask him if he remembers what 'show he watched last night.' Here are some of his 'shows' that I've remembered well enough to write down. I put quotes around the text that is the best approximation of how he told it to me. I wish I could just record some of it word for word as he tells it to me.
1) "Last night, when I closed my eyes I was a turtle and you (Daddy) were something too I can’t remember (apparently some other aquatic animal) and we were going swimming!”
2) “Last night I watched a show that Daddy was sitting on the potty and I looked out the window and there was a dinosaur! (pause) It was pretty scary and I was trying to tell the dinosaur to go away.”
3) This next show he didn’t explain too much but when I asked him, he just told me that he watched a show about how it was “summertime and very warm.” It’s been a super cold winter so I’m often explaining how it’s cold during the winter and it will be warm in the summer, so apparently he’s pining for summer (aren't we all?)!
4) One time when I asked him “What show did you watch last night when you were sleeping?”, he simply responded “Trains.”
5) Zeke asked him about his show and he said it was a “Kung Fu Panda” show.
1) "Last night, when I closed my eyes I was a turtle and you (Daddy) were something too I can’t remember (apparently some other aquatic animal) and we were going swimming!”
2) “Last night I watched a show that Daddy was sitting on the potty and I looked out the window and there was a dinosaur! (pause) It was pretty scary and I was trying to tell the dinosaur to go away.”
3) This next show he didn’t explain too much but when I asked him, he just told me that he watched a show about how it was “summertime and very warm.” It’s been a super cold winter so I’m often explaining how it’s cold during the winter and it will be warm in the summer, so apparently he’s pining for summer (aren't we all?)!
4) One time when I asked him “What show did you watch last night when you were sleeping?”, he simply responded “Trains.”
5) Zeke asked him about his show and he said it was a “Kung Fu Panda” show.
2 comments:
How cute and hilarious! Dreams are truly an amazing and weird part of being mortal, don't you think?! Btw, I did post on your California trip but I see that it's not there anymore--sorry about that! Anyway, I just said that it looked like a fun trip! I like the Minnesota post as well...I don't know if I'll ever visit, but I'm glad that you and Zeke are having a wonderful experience there.
I love how kids just have a way of putting things. What a fun way to explain the world!
Post a Comment