Sunday, September 14, 2008

Minnesota State Fair

We live about 2 miles from the State Fair grounds. It's quite the event each year and is also called the Great Get Together. This year almost 1.7 million people went to the fair. Some of the unique things you can find at the fair include being able to buy almost anything on a stick, all you can drink fresh milk for $1, deep fried cheese curds, deep fried candy bars, roasted corn on the cob and really anything and everything. Each year it feels like a different experience because it is so big. This year we went with some friends and went on the last day of the fair. We took the kids to Little Farm Hands (a must for young kids), saw a Logging show, went down the Big Slide and ate yummy food. This year, all I wanted was the corn and it was so delicious. Zeke got to eat cheese curds and a wild game sausage. Although it took some convincing to get Zeke to go this year, the boys and I are already looking forward to next year!

Lucas hauling hay on his John Deere tractor at Little Farm Hands


Jill and Anthony




Picking apples at Little Farm Hands


After you do all the farm chores, you receive 'money' to 'buy' something from the General Store - Matias got Honey Nut Cheerios

The Logging Show / Timber Olympics




Lucas had a great time watching the show!


Lucas, Jude, Anthony and Emmett taking a break for lunch

I'm definitely getting the corn on the cob again next year!


Zeke and his cheese curds


Lucas and I going down the Big Slide (we're on the green part)



Lucas loves the State Fair!

3 comments:

Shae said...

I'm glad you guys are busy having so much fun! I hope you are doing well!

Meredith said...

Hey, I think I saw the same Logging show at the Alaska State Fair a few years ago. How fun!

Joni said...

Thanks for the invite your family is so cute! I love lucas' face in that last picture. Let me know if I can do anything for you.