Lucas started preschool at Elizabeth Hall Elementary School last Thursday. The school is an International Baccalaureate school and the kids wear uniforms - blue polos, khakis and black shoes. Zeke and I were very impressed when we went to the Open House a few weeks ago. We really like Lucas' teacher Ms. Hanson and we also got to meet the Music Teacher, Librarian, Chinese Teacher and see the gym. Yes, I said Chinese teacher! Since it is an International school, they have chosen the Chinese language as their focus. So Lucas will be learning some Chinese as well. The only drawback is the school is pretty far away so he has a pretty long bus ride. He gets on the bus at 10am and school starts at 10:55. He finishes at 1:45pm but doesn't get home until about 2:35pm. I've been most nervous about letting him go on the bus all by himself, but his bus drivers are really nice and he sits in the very front and has already sort of made a friend on the bus. This morning when I took him, this little boy said very happily, "Hi, Lucas!" Lucas just looked shyly back and sat down. Anyway, hopefully he makes some good friends at school and I'm hoping to volunteer in his classroom a couple of times and help out as much as possible. So here are the pictures from his first day!

Lucas happy and ready to go to school on his yellow school bus!Who knew it would be Zeke and I with tears and not Lucas.! He's been super excited about the idea of preschool for so long but in the back of my mind, I was worried that he still might be very sad to go on the school bus all by himself. So as you can see, he was very happy on the bus and it was Zeke and I that shed a few tears as the bus drove away. Today was Day 3 of school and he's still just as excited to go to school! I've also been enjoying some time while he's gone to be with Matias and get things done while Matias is napping.



1 comment:
I start to cry every time I even think about sending Rachel off to school. I can't believe how big he is getting.
Post a Comment