
I took the boys to see the Mt Timpanogos Temple - June 9th
I had the crazy idea that it would be fun to hike the 'Y'. Unfortunately my memories of hiking it while in college made it seem much quicker and less steep than it really is. I had Nicolas in the backpack and I knew Lucas would be okay. I figured Matias would need to be held part of the time, but I didn't expect to carry him the whole way! He walked maybe the first 200 ft and then I carried him basically the rest of the hike. It's pretty funny to look at the pictures and see how happy (and naive) I was at the beginning to bright red and so exhausted at the end. Still, it was worth it and Matias and Lucas still talk about how we hiked the 'Y'!
at the trailhead
these self portraits were not only a way to document the hike but to check to make sure Nicolas was okay - he was often taking his hat off and I was worried with the sun
Matias taking his short turn at hiking
Lucas with a great view of Provo
taking a break
hat's still on!
trying to convince him to walk for a little bit - it wasn't working...
the 'Y' is in sight!
uh-oh, no hat - and I think I'm wondering what I got myself into!
the heat is really starting to get to me - luckily Nicolas has a smile
once we saw the 'Y' Matias walked for a little bit which was a very welcome break - and the ground was actually level for a little bit
we made it!
oh so exhausted by the time we got to the bottom - and Nicolas had dozed off
on campus at BYU (we found the hat for Lucas for only $6 at a sidewalk sale!)
we met up with Jenny and her two girls Rachel and Abigail - she's expecting another girl anyday!
still great friends after so many years! (we went to high school together)
a view of the 'Y' from afar
the boys were in heaven with Grandpa and his model trains - June 10th
playing basketball with Grandma
Matias cruising in the driveway
playing by the ditch
Draven was born 5 days before Matias
Draven and Kurt
Grandpa and Lucas playing catch
Matias playing with a squirt gun in the ditch
love Draven's cheesy smile!
Matias, Dante (Draven's friend) and Draven
I had to throw this last one in for Draven's cheesy grin again!

































2 comments:
What a fun trip! I CANNOT believe you hiked the Y with three small children! You are truly wonder woman (and super in shape). :)
Fun pics! And as for the Y with three kids in tow, all I can say is wow. Wow. wow.
Post a Comment