On Thursday, July 29th, Izzy's celebrated their 10th anniversary with free "izzy" cones and $1 waffle treats. We went with our friends Chalece & Brielle and Mary & Stella. Nothing like yummy and free ice cream! I had their salted caramel flavor and it was dee-lish!

Matias, Brielle & Chalece
Matias was very excited about the free balloons too
**on a side note, Trader Joe's doesn't give out free balloons anymore - how sad!!!**
Last Wednesday, August 4th, we went swimming at Lake Johanna with some friends. It's been super hot and humid lately and it was the perfect day to cool off in the lake.
Lucas relaxing in the lake
Tedi, Matias, Brielle, Helen, Nicolas, Becca, Audrey (mostly hidden behind Chalece) and Chalece
Helen, Nicolas and Audrey having fun in the water
I even attempted some real deal fishing with Lucas - I bought a fishing license and some live worms and everything. Zeke had bought him this fishing pole for their Boundary Waters trip. However, I was more squeamish than I thought I would be around worms. Thanks to another little girl and her brother, I would never have been able to do it. They hooked on the worms for us, but we still didn't catch anything. There were lots of fish but they were too smart and kept eating all of our worms. Next time, it's Zeke's turn to take Lucas.
On Friday, August 4th, we went up to St Cloud to see our good friends and former neighbors, the Virtue's. We had a great time hanging out in their beautiful new home (they just moved to St Cloud at the end of June), playing at a splash park and going to the Benton County Fair.
so hard to get a picture of everyone looking with their eyes open!
Luke, Lucas, Matias, Grace and Renee
Renee received a prize for her Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (the ones by the pink ribbon)
Grace also received a prize for her lemon blueberry muffins
Grace made a dragonfly pin (in the middle by the blue ribbon)
Renee made the beaded paper necklace
Graham has been into carving and carved a wolf out of Ivory Soap - it's hard to see because of the reflection on the glass, but it's right above his right shoulder
Matias was having a bit of a rough afternoon as evidenced by his expression in this picture...
checking out the ponies
Lucas and the ducklings
Matias and Luke (and Paige) holding hands - so cute
On Saturday, August 7th, we finally made it back to the Children's Museum. It's been a while since we've gone. We mostly checked out their two new exhibits.
Matias and Lucas playing in the Balancing Act exhibit
there was this little ballet bar that Nicolas loved standing up with!
Lucas climbing the wall in the "Wizard of Oz" exhibit
Nicolas was SO close to crawling at this point - and sure enough, check out the video below from later that day!
walking down the stairs to leave the Museum and go to...
...Candyland! We always go after a trip to the museum. Such a yummy candy shop!
Back at home while eating dinner, I looked over and Nicolas took five "crawls." This video doesn't catch it too well and he's still getting better and better, but I think it's safe to say that Nicolas is now crawling! The password is "nicolas" I'll try and get a better video to post soon.
Nicolas is crawling from Kendra Hernandez on Vimeo.























No comments:
Post a Comment