Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Snow, Construction & our Kitchen Bench

We got our first snowstorm back on October 12th! Crazy, huh. The snow didn't stick around for long thankfully and we really haven't had much since. But it is super cold, so I'm sure the snow will be coming sooner than later.

The north end of our apartment complex has contaminated soil so there has been a lot of construction equipment around to remediate the soil and put new soil in. Matias loved watching the trucks drive by (picture taken Oct 14th). Hopefully this phase of the project will be done in about 2-3 weeks. The rest will be finished next spring.

And finally, my reupholstered kitchen bench! While Zeke was in Washington DC, I suddenly got the urge to finally reupholster our bench. It was probably a little over ambitious for how pregnant I was, but it was nice to have a project to keep me busy while he was gone. I'd never used a staple gun or electric drill before, but it was easy enough and it's so nice to be able to wipe the material down (the material is vinyl - it used to be fabric). And Lucas was a big fan of the finished project too. It was nice to hear how excited he was about it!

1 comment:

The Mortensens said...

Looks so good Kendra, good job! And I can't believe the snow.... it looks COLD.