Monday, October 12, 2009

Taekwondo

In our community, there is a resident that teaches Taekwondo for free (all you have to do is buy the proper uniform and pay for any belt advancement tests). He is Korean and I don't even know his Korean name, but for us English Speakers he has us call him Master John. Since Lucas has been so obsessed with Kung Fu Panda, we thought he would enjoy the class - and Zeke I certainly enjoy how close it is and the fact that it's free! He goes to class on Tuesday evenings from 6:30-7:30. The first evening he went, he was the only caucasian there (there were at least 25 Korean kids) and I'm pretty sure he's also the youngest. I thought he did such a great job though! He followed instructions great and did all the warmups and Master John even had him show what he had learned to the entire class at the end. The class clapped when he was all done and Lucas had the cutest grin on his face. I tried taking a few pictures at a recent class (Sept 22nd) and I'm learning that either I'm using the wrong setting on my camera when trying to take pictures inside, or this camera is awful at taking indoor pictures...I'm hoping it's the first issue.

the entire class warming up

Master John has one of the advanced students help Lucas individually each week since he's so new

practicing his punches

Matias hanging out with me during class

2 comments:

Katie said...

How stinking cute is that?! You're such a fun mom and always find the greatest things for your kids to do. I'm so impressed. AND I can't believe how much Matias looks like Lucas!!! Sure love your sweet family.

Jenn said...

That is so awesome. Lucas looks like he is doing really well. Is he doing better with the separation at school now?