Sunday, February 6, 2011

Getting ready for Christmas & first part of my Mom's visit

I wasn't good at remembering to take any pictures, but we had a fabulous Thanksgiving with lots of friends.  We hosted at our house and shared so much delicious food with the Rawhouser's, Cummings', Keyes' and 2 missionaries.  All together, we had 10 adults and 11 kids!  One of our friends is vegan so he brought a homemade tofurkey and of course we had a huge turkey and just so much wonderful food.  I keep mentioning the food, but it was also so much fun to hang out with our friends and enjoy the day.  It never felt super stressful and surprisingly it didn't feel too crowded (at least to me!).  It really was a fun day.  Growing up, we always put up our Christmas tree on December 1st, but the boys (mainly Lucas) were too excited to wait so we've started a new family tradition of putting up our tree the day after Thanksgiving.

 excited to put up the decorations! Nov 26th



Basically the last few days of November and the first 2 1/2 weeks of December, Zeke was gone interviewing.  I decided it would be too much on my own, so luckily my mom was able to come out and stay with me while he was gone.  The timing of her trip worked perfectly.  She arrived a few hours before Zeke left and she had to leave a half a day after Zeke returned.  We had a fun time while she was here and she even had the good fortune to experience one of the top five worst storms in Minnesota's history!  I have quite a few pictures, so here is the first set.

 my mom was awesome and one day took the boys out sledding while I stayed warm inside with Nicolas (Dec 7th)





I found a deal using Groupon for some cheap vouchers to "Pump It Up" Sadly my camera died after only two pictures, but the boys had an awesome time (Dec 9th)

 
the boys always look forward to Santa visiting the Loft at CSCC but I had one of my MMC Concerts that night, so my mom took them; even though it was nearly impossible to get all three looking at the camera, she was excited (and I was amazed) that all 3 sat on Santa's lap! (Dec 10th)


 they also got to decorate cookies



 the huge snowstorm!!!!!!!!!!!  Dec 11th




 it really was crazy how much snow we got and then how cold it got!  Church was cancelled and Lucas missed two days of school.  It takes a lot to shut Minnesota down.



we were only outside for maybe 5 minutes before we ready to go back home

No comments: