Last Saturday (Oct 9th), Lucas ran a 1k race at the Autumn Woods Classic at the Elm Creek Park Reserve. It was a gorgeous fall day and warmer than usual. We'd been 'training' for a couple of weeks at home and Lucas had run the 1/2 mile a couple of times at school. Needless to say, he was super excited for his race and had his running outfit all picked out for the day. He did get a t-shirt and decided to wear the race shirt instead. There were probably 200 kids in the race (it was for ages 2-12). We had talked to him about how he would run all by himself, but I think the crowds overwhelmed him so I ended up running with him. His friends Jude and Emmett also were there for the race but we didn't find them until everyone was lining up for the race, and Lucas was a little nervous so we just stayed by ourselves. After the race, there were some activities and dancing for the kids.

ready and excited for the race!
he's holding my hand at this picture and looking around very concerned at all the people
since I ran with him, I wasn't able to get any pictures of the actual race - but here he is afterwards with his ribbon!
there was a hay bale maze
a kids dj and lots of dancing - the guy was throwing out lots of necklaces which Lucas was very excited about
walking back to the car - can't get enough of the beautiful fall colors!
Since it was such a beautiful day, we decided to head to Interstate State Park on the St. Croix River by Taylors Falls. The park is famous for its "glacial potholes" and has some gorgeous views of the river of course.
walking on the Pothole Trail
the St. Croix River
Lucas was in heaven climbing on all the rocks
Nicolas always with a smile
the other side of the river is Wisconsin
more climbing
Matias wanted to go wherever Lucas did which made Zeke and I both a little nervous...
check out the beautiful trees in the background
happy to be out of the backpack for a few minutes
after walking around the potholes, we went to another part of the park where the boys could ride their bikes
silly Daddy and Nico
Matias has graduated to a bigger bike with training wheels and he loves it

































1 comment:
Zeke,
It's Caleb, not Marci, OK. How have you been? These places you visit are beautiful, I just asked Marci why we live in Idaho, and then I remembered, we're hicks, thats why.
How goes school? You are about to wrap it up right? Exciting man. We sure miss you, I can't wait to get our kids together, matches made in heaven, except for Nico, unless we have a far-left change in mentality before we meet again.
Love you guys,
Caleb
Post a Comment