Thursday, November 13, 2008

An Evening at the Opera

Last Thursday, one of Zeke's professors offered us her tickets to the opera since her and her husband couldn't go that evening. It was last minute but we were able to find a babysitter and go! The opera we got to see was performed by the Minnesota Opera at the Ordway Theater in St Paul and was called The Abduction from the Seraglio. I'd never heard of it before but Zeke and I both loved it! The music was written by Mozart and it was set on the Orient Express. I don't think I've ever seen such a funny opera! The music of course was in German (they showed the translation on a screen above the stage which helped) but there was also a little dialogue which was in English. The most amazing part was our seats were in the 3rd row--front and center. Zeke and I certainly felt a little out of place in such great seats, but it was amazing being that close to the action. It was so generous of Zeke's professor to offer us the tickets and we had such a great time together!

1 comment:

Chalece said...

Wow, that's awesome!!! What great seats too.