Sunday, January 16, 2011

Halloween!

Finally, almost 3 months late, here are pictures from our Halloween celebrations.  On the 23rd, we went to a fun costume party hosted by some friends and our family won the original costume award (or something like that) because we had a themed costume: the 3 boys were lobsters, Zeke was a cook and I got some lobster bibs so I could be the one to eat them! :)  Then on the 30th we had a Halloween Party at the Ogden's house and the Smith's and Mitchell's also came.  After that we showed up to the festivities going on at church.  We had a lot of fun at all 3 parties!

 we got the lobster hats in Maine - I had a hard time finding the red sweatshirts and sweatpants to complete the costume! (Oct 23rd)

trying to act like lobsters

 
I know this is an awful picture, but it's the only I have of me in my costume; I think Matias took this picture

we had quite the spread of delicious food at the Ogden's party! (Oct 30th)

I made a black bean dip with vegetables

Sara brought this 7 layer dip - it was delicious

Tina made the cheese ball - I love cheese balls! :)

 we borrowed Nicolas' lobster costume from a friend - so cute!!

 the Ogden's had a pinata as a fun way for the kids to get candy


 Daphne the cheerleader enjoying the grass

the smaller kids got turns first...

 by the time Lucas had a turn, we were expecting more of a dent in the thing, but like the pinata at Matias' party, we finally just had to tear the thing apart to get the candy out!

 Lucas tried very hard to break it!

 Mitch dumping out the rest of the candy

 Lucas only wanted to wear shorts....it was pretty warm that day



 Sara, Tina and Christa!

best buds enjoying their candy

 the cook and the lobsters

heading outside for the trunk-or-treat


1 comment:

BWei said...

Love the costumes and the food ideas! It's never too late to post good stuff :-).