On the first Saturday of each month, you can go to the Home Depot with your kids and do a free project. Lucas loves going and Zeke usually takes him but he was out of town this time so Christa and I ventured out with our boys. Even though we had fun, we concluded that it's an outing that should be reserved for our husbands! The project this month was a window bird house.

Matias was often running off to somewhere dangerous--Jude and Lucas were my helpers in trying to bring him back to safety!The Saturday that we went to the Home Depot was also my birthday! Sadly, I wasn't good at getting pictures of any of my birthday celebrations, so I'll try and describe them a little bit. As I mentioned earlier, Zeke was out of town but it was okay. He made up for it by buying tickets for us to go see "Riverdance" on May 9th! And he had a great trip so I'm glad he was able to go. My wonderful friends took me out the night before my birthday to the Cheesecake Factory and they spoiled me with a cute beach bag and a gift card to Salon Ave (where I was pampered with a pedicure and a fabulous haircut just last Friday!!). On Saturday before going to the Home Depot, there was an Easter Egg Hunt here at CSCC which Lucas loved and Matias didn't quite get. It's always amazing to me how fast the hunts go. I think the entire hunt ended in about 3 minutes! Matias was more excited when he realized there was candy inside the eggs. Later in the evening, another fabulous friend invited me over to celebrate since I was all alone. We had fun hanging out and getting stuffed on pizza and other yummy treats. I've always loved birthdays but when it's mine I do feel a little shy about the whole thing because I don't want to guilt other people into thinking they have to 'celebrate' me just because I'm excited about my birthday! Does that make sense? Either way, it was a fun weekend and the birthday celebration continues this week since my Mom & Dad are coming to visit and they're going to take me birthday shopping!



No comments:
Post a Comment