Sunday, December 28, 2008

Happy Birthday Zeke & Ear Tubes

Last Sunday (the 21st) Zeke celebrated his 29th birthday! I think it's still hard for him to try and celebrate his birthday when it's snowy and freezing cold outside when he's used to going to the beach and enjoying the sunshine. Still, I think he had a pretty good birthday. The Friday before his birthday we went out to dinner at Brasa (if you live in the Twin Cities, definitely check it out!) and then went to the Walker Art Center to meet up with our friends Mitch and Christa to watch the British Television Advertising Awards. After the awards, we were hoping to go out to dessert or something but who are we kidding?! Both parents of young children, we met up at Perkins only to decide to get home because Miles was awake and I was worried about Matias because he was pretty sick.

Which leads me to my next story before finishing up Zeke's birthday celebration. Here's the condensed version: he had ear infections (unbeknownst to me) back in August, and then at his 1 year check up he also had ear infections (again, I was unaware) and because there was also a lot of fluid in his ears, my pediatrician referred me to an ENT doctor just to check on things. There was a possibility by the time I saw the ENT doc that the fluid would have drained, but sure enough this past Tuesday, I went to see the ENT and in her words he had two more "rip roarin' infections." So because of the fluid and the now somewhat persistant ear infections, Matias needs ear tubes! Not a huge deal - lots of kids get them, but still kind of a pain to go through and he will need general anesthesia for the procedure to get done. Now that it's been decided, I just hope he can get them before we fly on Jan 8th - I certainly don't want to go on vacation for him to get more ear infections.

Back to Zeke's birthday. On his actual birthday, we had friends over in the evening to hang out and have Cheesecake (his favorite!). I wish there was more that we could have done but Matias was still pretty sick and Zeke wasn't even feeling that great. Either way, I love birthdays and it's fun to celebrate! Here are some pictures of Zeke and the boys on his birthday.







No comments: