Yesterday (April 3rd), our community hosted their yearly Easter Egg Hunt. It started at 10:00am and by 10:05 it was over -- at least all the eggs were picked up, they did have some food afterwards for everyone to eat! I think they hid around 800 eggs and it was still over that fast. One family that must be new to the community showed up just a few minutes late and the eggs were already gone. I think they still got some prizes, but they couldn't believe how fast it was over. I followed Matias around on his hunt - the older kids were in a different location so Zeke went with Lucas.

Matias, Lucas and Anthony with their baskets full of eggs - notice that Matias was already digging into his candy!In the evening I took Lucas to a Timberwolves game! I was really excited because I love basketball but Lucas didn't seem too excited leading up to the game and sure enough, he was quite the grump the whole time. We didn't even make it until halftime...grrr. We got the tickets through a reading program that the T-Wolves has for the public schools, so Lucas' ticket was free and I just had to pay for mine. I ordered the tickets through the mail and had written a note for them to hold the tickets at Will Call and I even got phone confirmation that the tickets would be waiting for me the night of the game. When Lucas and I showed up though, the person helping me couldn't find the tickets. She went somewhere to check on a computer or something and what happened was that they had mailed the tickets but they must have been delivered to the wrong apartment, and whomever received the tickets, opened MY mail and had used the tickets and were already in the arena!!!! Can you believe it? I tried to get her to tell me where those seats were so I could hunt down whomever stole our seats, but she wouldn't tell me. Luckily she was nice and found us different seats so we could still go to the game. She even gave us some vouchers that would have been mailed to us which I didn't even know about. There was a voucher for a free book, a foam finger and a T-Wolves poster and then there was a voucher to go down onto the court after the game to take a free throw shot. Lucas of course didn't want to stay till the end, so we didn't get to shoot, but he was very excited about the book, foam finger and poster. Anyway, even though Lucas didn't have that great of a time while we were there, I'm glad we got to go spend time together, just him and me -- and then today he was talking it up to Zeke about how much fun he had -- silly boy. At least I got to come home and enjoy the Final Four! :)




I'm so bad at taking pictures holding the camera out in front of me...

1 comment:
Those huge Easter egg hunts kind of scare me! Clara had hers at school and we hid a few around the living room...not too exciting. Bummer about Lucas not loving the game--I'm sure in a couple of years he'll be loving it. The pics of the boys are so great--and little Nicolas is a cutie!
Post a Comment