Monday, March 8, 2010

Trip to Oregon

I had another wonderful trip to Oregon to visit Meredith and her family (Jan 19th-27th). With both of us having little babies (Nicolas was 2 months when I went and Evelyn is about 7 months), we spent some time at home hanging out but also had plenty of fun trips to the coast, to Portland and around Keizer/Salem. It was a perfectly relaxing trip -- Nicolas did great and a huge thanks to Zeke and great friends for taking care of Lucas and Matias while I was gone. Meredith and Brad were delightful hosts and even though there was rain at times, we saw plenty of sunshine and blue skies! Oh, and one fun thing we did that I didn't get any pictures of was going to see "Kiss Me, Kate" at the local high school. Here are pictures from my wonderful winter getaway!

Brad and Meredith's home in Keizer (they moved in last September)

Nicolas starting to grab for toys!
Jan 20th
--------------------------

the beautiful Oregon coast
Jan 21st

it was a VERY windy day

we had some delicious fish and chips for lunch

Captain Lilian

the waves were huge - it was beautiful to watch them crash on the rocks

sunnier than before lunch, but still very windy!

watching the Sea Lions in Newport
--------------------------

hiking in Silver Falls State Park
Jan 23rd

poor Nicolas got such a red nose

we saw 3 different waterfalls - all very short hikes which was nice with our kids


I loved how green it was - especially all the moss on the trees


--------------------------

more hiking - this time in Portland at the Arboretum
Jan 25th


silly picture

giant sequoia trees

dinner at the Cheesecake Factory later that night to celebrate Meredith's birthday
--------------------------

taking a self-guided tour of the capitol building in Salem
Jan 26th

Governor Lilian

a view of the capitol building, also affectionately known as the "Salem Temple"

Hopefully I'll get to go back again next year!

3 comments:

Sheans said...

looks like a fun trip! that little nicolas is so stinking cute. i love his pout.
hope you are doing good!

The Mortensens said...

So fun Kendra! I can't believe how much Nicolas looks like Lucas, what a cute boy. I'm glad you got your winter vacation in, I wish we could do that every year!

We miss you guys!!

Katie said...

Oh, I sure love you two mommies and wish I could have been there with you. How fun to see pictures of Mer's house and all the fun you guys had. We've seriously got to get the fab four together at some point. Why don't you and Zeke move to TX- that will make it easier. :)