Monday, March 30, 2009

The Raptor Center

About two weeks ago, I took the boys to the Raptor Center at the St Paul Campus. On Saturdays, they have a show where a volunteer talks a lot about the different birds that they help at the center and they also show some of their birds. We got to see a hawk, an eagle and an owl. It wasn't as entertaining for the boys as the World of Birds Show at the Minnesota Zoo, but I thought it was pretty cool. At the end, the volunteer had the owl eat 2 dead mice to demonstrate their eating skills. I suppose that was the big finale and Lucas did think that was pretty cool. After trying to keep the boys still for the 45-minute show, they were both anxious to run around, so we looked at a few other birds that are on permanent display and then they ran outside for a little bit longer before we headed back home.



The owl eating the dead mouse



Matias and "Luc" the bald eagle


Running around and splashing in puddles outside the Raptor Center




1 comment:

Sheans said...

you guys look like you have so much fun. I can't believe how big your kids are getting. Holy cow.