Sunday, October 12, 2008

University of Minnesota Landscape Arboretum

Yesterday, Jill and I took our kids to the University's Landscape Arboretum. It was the perfect day to see the fall colors and the weather was perfect - it was in the low 70s. We weren't the only ones with the same idea however, so it was super crowded but still great. The arboretum is where the University does a lot of research with trees and specifically is where they grow their new varieties of apples. Some varieties that the University has developed that you may have heard of are Haralson, Sweet 16, Zestar and the most famous is Honeycrisp which is also the State Fruit! It kind of reminds me of Thanksgiving Point in Utah, only it is probably 10 times bigger and better in my opinion. I of course took lots of pictures. Here are some of my favorites and at the end is a slideshow with all of the pictures I took!


Audrey is walking!

Doesn't this picture look like a painting?!




Anthony and Lucas rolling down the hill with beautiful fall colors in the background

Anthony couldn't get enough of the ladybugs!

There were different works of art (many interactive) along the TREEology walk that we went on



Matias and Audrey are such good friends!

Lucas really wanted a silly picture....I guess he got one!

Lucas took this picture - pretty good huh?!

beautiful red leaves!


playing house - another work of art along the trail

Here's the slideshow with ALL of the pictures!



3 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, looks like autumn is really beautiful there!

BWei said...

So gorgeous! I can't wait for the fall colors to start coming here. I love honeycrisp apples--I didn't know they were developed there. The arboretum is so beautiful!

Joni said...

I love your pictures! They are so beautiful. Fall here really is so amazing!