Zeke ran his first marathon back on April 28th in Nashville - the Rock 'n Roll Marathon. It's taken me this long to post pictures, because I was waiting for a friend that was able to go send me the pictures she took. I was hoping to go, but logistically it got too complicated since Nashville is almost 6 hours away by car and you don't really get to see much except the start and finish of the race. Zeke trained with Todd Neuberger, a friend in the ward who has ran many marathons. This marathon was special for Todd because it was also his 50th birthday on the day of the race! Zeke got injured while training (because of his really flat feet), but he went to physical therapy and was at least cleared to run the race. He didn't get the time he wanted since the injury ruined his training, but he finished and said it was an amazing experience! He said this would be his only marathon, but I think he'll want to run one again. Here are the pictures that I've waited almost 7 months for!
| Todd & Zeke |
| early in the morning ready for the race |
| a shot of the TV coverage as the race was about to begin |
| go Zeke! |
| still able to walk after the race |
| they even had some smiles left - I was very proud of Zeke! |
| since we weren't able to go, I baked Zeke an apple pie and the boys made him cards so we could celebrate with him when he got home |
No comments:
Post a Comment