Sunday, January 1, 2012

Jonas, S'mores, Preschool Party and more

Jonas hanging out in his tunnel - he can roll over now but still enjoys tummy time (Nov 23rd)


 


love that smile

so proud of his missing front teeth! (Nov 24th)

sporting his Minnesota gear from Tia Vera (Nov 26th)


Thanksgiving weekend it got cold enough to warrant our first fire inside and we thought it would be fun to make s'mores with the boys. Zeke thought the chimney was open and started the fire. After maybe 5 minutes, something seemed strange because of how much smoke there was and only a few moments later the smoke alarms started going off. Still not sure what was wrong,more smoke alarms around the house went off. Our house is wired for an alarm system (even though we don't have it activated) and somehow the smoke set that off too! By now, the boys were freaking out because the alarms were SO loud and Zeke was frantically going around the house taking the smoke detectors off because of the noise. At one point my phone rang and I thought it was a neighbor wanting to know what was going on, but it was actually my brother Mark. He got to hear the commotion for a few moments, but then I had to go help Zeke so I didn't talk to him for too long. Finally, Zeke noticed how to push the lid up so the smoke would go out through the chimney and within a few moments all was normal again. Once the noise was gone, Zeke and I had a good laugh about it and for the next week our house "smelled like camping" according to Lucas. The s'mores were so delicious and we've done it a couple of times since then too.


We also put up all of our Christmas decorations earlier that day, but somehow I failed to take pictures of the fun. Below you can see our Christmas tree and our stockings actually hung over the fireplace! The boys had their own Christmas tree down in the basement too (I have a picture of that one on Christmas Day...)
our first fire! we made s'mores (Nov 27th)

Zeke was so excited to make a fire!

roasting those delicious 'mallows (picture by Matias)

Jonas loves hanging out in his activity center (Dec 7th)

what a face! love those blue eyes

making graham cracker houses for FHE (Dec 12th)

Lucas loves making crazy faces whenever I take pictures

Zeke helped Nicolas

I helped Matias with his house (don't mind the frosting on my mouth...wish Zeke had told me!)

seriously - he's always making a crazy face

I made my own mini house too :)

Matias' holiday party at preschool (Dec 16th)

this time I brought Nicolas and Jonas too!


playing "Pin the Nose on the Snowman"

Nicolas wouldn't wear the scarf over his eyes but had fun putting all the extra noses up

working on a craft

sitting down to listen to a story

Miss Lori held Jonas most of the time so I could help Matias and Nicolas with the games and craft

Zeke and I went ice skating at Steinberg Rink in Forest Park - we had so much fun! (Dec 16th)


Jonas looks so much like Nicolas in this picture,
mainly because of the outfit that he's wearing (Dec 17th)

Lucas took this picture of the gorgeous sunset that day

gotta love that innocent face

No comments: