Saturday, November 7, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday Matias!

October was a rough month, mainly because all of us got sick at some point during a 3 week period, one right after the other. Sadly, it happened that Matias was sick on his birthday (Oct 23rd) so we didn't do too much that day. I made him chocolate chip pancakes in the morning, but as you can tell from the picture below, he wasn't in too good of a mood to enjoy them. In the afternoon, we had planned a small party for him and a few friends, but because of how he was feeling, we had to cancel it. We still had cupcakes and sang him Happy Birthday and gave him his present - and also got takeout for dinner (McDs for the boys and gyros for Zeke and I). It was a fun day and Zeke and I still can't believe he's 2 already! He talks all the time and loves to follow Lucas around and imitate him. Most of the time, Lucas has fun playing with him, but plenty of times, the sibling drama erupts into fighting, hitting and tears. Either way, we love Matias and are curious to see how he'll react to a little brother in just a few weeks!


Train cupcakes



Singing "Happy Birthday" - notice poor Matias' cough in the middle of the video

Very excited about opening his present!

We got him more train tracks and trains from IKEA

He was very excited about the train tracks!

3 comments:

Katie said...

What a big boy! I can't believe how old he is! And I'm always super impressed by your cute cakes. Congrats to Zeke for the awards... that's so impressive!

BWei said...

Loved the recent posts--Matias is such a cutie...and way to go on the cake, too! I hope y'all are all recovered... And a big congratulations to Zeke for his paper...I'm sure that was so validating for him. Hope your last few weeks of pregnancy go smoothly. :-)

Sara"Fantabulous" Smith said...

Cool cupcakes! I am totally stealing your idea!

Sara